The Loft Chef: Taking on the world, one recipe at a time.

~.~.~.~.~

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Beginning of a Culinary Adventure

And so the summer begins. I have moved out of my dorm and into my beautiful loft apartment in Columbia Heights. If only it were really mine and not just a summer sublet...sigh. Who am I? Funny you should ask that--I am Julie, the Loft Chef. I am a rising college sophomore living and working in DC. This summer I will basically have to fend for myself in terms of food, and I am very much a baker, not a chef. I can bake pies, breads, cookies, no problem, but real people food? Right now my repertoire includes pasta, pizza, and stir fry. But this summer that's all going to change--I will attempt to expand my culinary abilities, and you, lucky reader, get to come along for the ride! Most of the recipes I'll be using are vegetarian, but they will all be delicious! I am very much a novice at this whole cooking thing, so this should be an interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment